You’ve made the effort to come to Road to California 2014. We want to make sure you have the best conference experience ever. Here are Five Best Kept Secrets that are sure to make your visit a success:
1) Look Up. We know you are anxious to enter the Exhibit Hall to see all the beautiful quilts and to shop at all the wonderful vendors. And now there is the added Pavilion that is full of more quilts and more vendors. When you enter the convention center slow down and look up at the Arcade of Quilts. This year, The Camarillo Quilters Association provided the inspiring quilts for our guests’ viewing pleasure.
2) Make a New Friend. Everyone at Road has one thing in common: they love quilts!!! Strike up a conversation with someone you don’t know. Whether you are sitting at a table for lunch, attending a class or lecture, walking down the vendor aisles, or standing in front of an exhibit, you just might be surprised what other things you have in common with the person next to you.
3) Buy a Show Book. They are your best source of what is going on at the show. It contains a floor plan and listing of all the exhibits and vendors so you can maneuver around the halls. It helps you keep track of your shopping and gives you contact information for vendors when you return home. There are also lists for food options, recognition of people who have quilts entered in the contest, and stories behind each of the special exhibits. Pick up your copy when you buy your ticket or at the Information Desk.
4) Free Up Your Hands. Once again, Boy Scout Troop 628 is on site in room 102 to offer their Sack Sitting Service. For a nominal fee, they will watch your purchases, sewing machines, and class supplies while you meander around the show. Proceeds go to their troop’s funds.
5) Use the Men’s Room. At any large event where there is a majority of women, free restroom space is at a premium. Save time by using the specially marked men’s roomsand be sure to check out the pleasant surprise awaiting you with the special plumbing inside.
Welcome to Road 2014. We hope you enjoy your visit!!!